SAP Project Management Function Lead - UK - Job Opening
SAP Project Management Function Lead - UK - Job Opening
Position – Project Management Function Lead
• We are looking for a talented and experienced Programme Manager to lead the Project Management Function within AG’s SAP Transformation practice.
• By joining the Technology Consulting team, you will be helping companies solve a whole range of tasks from the requirement to respond to the ever-changing demands of the market.
• To applying comprehensive cost reductions and implementing of ERP systems.
• As part of this growing team, you will also get to help shape the innovative culture that makes AG such a great place to work.
• If you have a keen interest in technology as well as intellectual curiosity and energy, then Technology Consulting could be exactly the right place for you.
This role requires the candidate to be familiar with and demonstrate the capabilities listed below:
• Responsible for managing the delivery of a portfolio of projects and/or client engagements, and managing the operational risk to AG covering resource allocation, financials, and service delivery.
• Manages and delivers projects in accordance with defined guidelines leveraging agreed tools to support the process with consistent and uniform project reporting.
• Manages project scope ensuring development and maintenance of the AG engagement delivery approaches and methodologies.
• Manage the project commercial management process for Proposal and Contract approval processes, including drafting Project contracts and SOW documents.
• Responsible for project & portfolio commercial constructs (revenue & cost), ensuring the project delivers on the originating commercial parameters.
• Scopes projects in line with approved costs / budgets.
• Controls and delivers projects to budget, within timelines managed with the client and to quality standards.
• Sets the necessary milestones in the project and tracks these with the relevant Project Manager accordingly.
• Steers and controls a project with respect to resources and time in connection with the overall customer situation.
• Maintains strict change control which balancing commercial sensitivity with customer satisfaction.
• Proactively identifies and defines project risks and communicates these to the delivery teams.
• Establishes and maintains quality standards. Has the ability to draft concepts of risk assessment, use applicable tools respectively and actively draws up measures for reducing or minimizing risks.
• Liaises with Project Managers to review project progress and RAID status on a weekly basis.
• Reports project progress and RAID status on a weekly basis to the Project Delivery Director, focussing on areas of concern where intervention is required.
• Identifies, outlines and delivers bid and project resource plans to meet personal and company utilisation targets.
• Escalates and drives the conversation to maximize opportunities for AG to increase business revenue.
• Become familiar with AG methodology, standards, and tools, and leverage these to define the optimum project approaches.
• Gives the project team clear input for project procedures based on methodology being used.
• Creates, maintains and develops relationships to sustain client interest and growth. Has the ability to meet the needs of each customer and successfully leads and influences team members in the delivery of the service.
• Ensure business is properly contracted so that the client has absolute clarity over level of service.
• Makes solid and reliable decisions in complex environments. Solves problems through a wide knowledge spectrum and experience.
• Provides strategic support to help clients with changes/transformation, identifies opportunities and solutions for AG within that opportunity.
• Ensures changes to scope are controlled and agreed with the client through proper management techniques.
• Creates a broad atmosphere of trust even in complicated customer relationships and performs as a bridge to AG whilst building company reputation for referenceable excellence.
Contract and Bid Management:
• Implementation, execution and leadership of the Bid Management process for required opportunities.
• Responsible for leading AG’s response to RFPs, RFIs, ITTs and other similar client requests.
• Familiarisation of all accompanying bid documents RFP, RFI, ITT etc.
• Able to understand complex client requirements and formulate a bid response.
• Solves problems through a wide knowledge spectrum and experience of SAP and related transformation projects.
• Responsible for applying all relevant tools and techniques as part of a bid response.
• Verification and critical questioning of the identified risks including definition of recommendations.
• Coordination of several FTEs within the Bid team.
• Defines the optimum project approach based on AG standards and applicable methodologies.
• Organises the project approach / proposal independently.
• Gives the project team clear input of the project procedure and of the requirements.
• Prepare high quality and impactful proposal presentations for client RFPs, including team preparation and rehearsals.
• Is responsible for the project planning with respect to people, cost and deadlines.
• Able to understand complex contracts in order to track the content with respect to costs and benefits in the project.
• Support the handover process to required teams where necessary.
People Management and Development
• Support the Project Delivery Director to define, construct through hiring and mobilise the PMO team.
• Directly manage all members of the Project Management Function comprising a team of Project Managers, and the PMO team.
• Manage the PMO team, ensuring that it delivers an effective service, through the make-up of optimal skills and capability.
• Ensure that the PMO team adequately supports Project Managers across relevant engagements with tracking and reporting of project RAID items.
• Mentor and coach project team members, and provide formal feedback as part of the annual Performance Management process for applicable individuals.
• Continually develops own technical and soft skills to ensure skills development to meet requirements of the role.
Communication and Behaviour:
• Results driven, and challenges Project Managers to exceed delivery expectations at all times.
• Clear communicator, able to articulate complex technical concepts, simplifying for ease of understanding.
• Is role model for the Project Management Function, with an ability to manage unexpected situations successfully.
• Remains confident and cautious and does not lose track of the project goal.
• Moderates conflicts in projects, brings about compromises, and is assertive and convincing.
• Minimum of 10 years’ overall Project Management experience, delivering SAP enabled transformation engagements.
• Strong consulting background with experience gained at “Big 6” firm or similar.
• Experience in the successful delivery of all elements of a SAP enabled engagements, across medium and large size projects.
• Multiple full SAP project life cycles, end to end experience from project initiation through to Go-live, as well as experience of managing multiple projects 100k- £2M+ value.
• Prince 2/ PMP/PMI certification preferred, with robust experience in project and programme planning.
• Broad and deep understanding of SAP Activate methodology required.
• Experience of Agile methodologies e.g. Scrum an advantage.
• Demonstrable experience of accurate and effective project reporting, both internal and external.
• Experience in deploying SAP S/4 HANA solutions in at least one or more of the following industries: Energy, Oil and Gas, Utilities, Chemical, Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing and Automotive.
• Produces high quality project and bid documentation plus quality assurance review of project documents.
• More than 5 years experience in managing complex SAP bids (sales and presales).
• Able to lead and co-ordinate integrated workshops with detail and complexity, and facilitate client workshops with C-level stakeholders.
• Understands complex contracts at the appropriate level in order to track content with respect to costs and benefits in the project.
• Has a clear understanding of the overall phases during a project and can give professional support in discussions and enable decisions.
• Contributes to SAP technical discussions with integration know how.
• Professional, confident and trusted with the gravitas to succeed in any business environment and in the building of strong relationships at every level, both internal and external – Good customer and service orientation.
• A full UK driving licence and be willing to travel frequently to different UK customer sites including working away from home as required, the successful candidate will be home based.
• Eligible to work in the UK.
• Fluent in both oral and written English.
Candidates will be identified and appraised via the process outlined below:
• Round 1: HR Interview – Identify & cross check professional & personal details
• Round 2: Project Director Interview – Evaluate breadth and depth of skills and expertise, including project and client experience.
• Round 3: Case Study – Evaluate individual’s approach towards specific client scenarios, structured thinking, problem solving, and presentation skills.
• Round 3: Managing Director – Confirm cultural fit with AG, and
The candidate will be asked to complete the Application of Employment Form post successful completion of Round 1, in preparation for Round 2.